Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
AFR Services is a national provider of mortgage underwriting, portfolio risk management and insurance products and services to the lending and insurance industries. As one of only 5 certified flood zone determination companies by the National Flood Association along with the highly sought-after Lloyd’s of London Insurance Coverholder designation, AFR strives to be the best and is highly respected within the lending and insurance communities. As a result, loan originators, servicers and insurance agencies of all sizes turn to AFR as their end-to-end risk management solution to protect their collateral, meet federal compliance requirements and offer the best flood coverages for their insured clients. AFR’s major services and product offerings include Flood Zone Determinations, NFIP & Private Flood Insurance products and Insurance Tracking & Lender Placed Insurance.
For over two decades AFR Services has been providing exceptional products and services to our nationwide base of clients. Such a high level of quality begins and ends with people – our family of employees.
AFR is looking for an analytical, detail oriented, experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team!
Ideal candidates for this role will have passion for their QA work and pride themselves in the release of bug free applications. The primary focus of the role will be to QA new development projects as well as the documentation of enhancements and defects reported of existing applications.
What you’d be doing:
- Test and validate application modules to meet business specifications
- Validate all written business and technical requirements for completion and accuracy
- Execute test plans and use cases
- Design, implement and maintain automated tests to validate application functionality
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to develop strategies for testing and automation
- Identify and document application defects reported in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with the development team
- Participate in project scope meetings and develop user stories
The skills and experience you’d bring to AFR:
- Acute attention to detail as well as effective and creative problem-solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills involving technical and non-technical information
- Comfortable with agile operating models
- Working with development teams, product owners, and other business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar computer science related field, required
- 3-5 years’ experience in QA testing
- 1-3 years’ experience automated testing using testing frameworks such as Jasmine and Protractor
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Knowledge of MS SQL and T-SQL
To complement compensation, our employees enjoy:
- Paid holidays & personal time
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life, short-term disability and long-term disability are offered as voluntary benefits
- Medical HSA & FSA offered
- 401k plan with a generous 50% company match up to 6%
- Frequent events and recognition
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. The Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.